Mandelic acid anti-acne & antiaging face & body cleanser. Fortified with salicylic acid.
- Contains resurfacing mandelic acid and salicylic acid for the perfect blend to improve acne-prone and oily skin.
- Deep cleans and removes all traces of impurities and makeup.
- Balanced with soothing antioxidants calming Green Tea, brightening Vitamin C, and Pomegranate antioxidants.
- Helps clear acne, skin discolorations, sun-damage, pigmentation, and is antiaging.
- The perfect cleanser for use before using our micro-needling Melanoroller derma roller, and before using our home skin peels.
- Allows for more even & uniform penetration of your skincare products
- Use while shaving for fewer razor bumps and ingrown hairs
- Use as a shampoo for pomade hair acne, seborrheic dermatitis, and mild eczema
- Increases the effectiveness of your skincare regime
- Promotes collagenesis
- For even greater acne control, use our Clarity Mandelic Salicylic Acid Toner
Directions: Use 4-5 days a week. Dispense a small amount to wet skin. Use circular motions to cleanse oils, makeup & impurities. Safe for use on face, neck and body. Rinse thoroughly with eyes closed, Caution: External use only. Rinse thoroughly and avoid contact with eyes. Discontinue use and consult your physician if irritation occurs. Keep away from children. Sunburn alert: Alpha and beta hydroxy acids should be used with protective daily UVA/UVB sunscreen.
Mandelic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid naturally derived from bitter almonds. Mandelic is derived from the German word “Mandel” for bitter almonds.
Mandelic acid is strongly antibacterial, and with it’s high safety profile has even been used as an oral antibiotic. In the treatment of skin conditions, mandelic acid has several unique properties that make it desirable and effective in transforming the skin.
- Mandelic acid is naturally antibacterial, and the most powerful antibacterial alpha-hydroxy acid. This is highly beneficial for patients with acne & folliculitis.
- The molecular structure of mandelic acid is a larger than the other alpha-hydroxy acids. It therefore penetrates slower, is less irritating, and has a better safety profile.
- Because of it’s good safety profile and low irritation potential, it can be used on very dark skin, sensitive skin, and rosacea-prone skin.
- Mandelic acid being a hydroxy acid, loosens cell-to-cell contacts on the skin’s surface and exfoliates rough skin cells. This results in smoother, softer skin.
- Mandelic acid decreases abnormal skin pigmentation by down-regulation of melanocytes, the cells that produce melanin. The result is a more even skin tone with some skin-lightening.
- It is also an excellent antioxidant and antiaging chemical peel.
Sunburn alert: Use daily SPF 30+ mineral sunscreen when using this product.